Thursday 21 February 2013

Your Time Is Your Life!



I read this instructive piece & thought I should share it with you.

The Last Wishes of Alexander, The Great.
Your Time Is Your Life!
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his generals and gave these instructions to be carried out upon his death :


1. The best doctors should carry his coffin.
2. The wealth he has accumulated should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery.
3. His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to see.
One of his generals asked him to explain and this is what he had to say:

1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal.

2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure, so that everybody sees that material wealth, acquired on earth, stay on earth.

3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed, after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, namely time.

On time: 

1. Time is our most precious treasure, because time is limited. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
2. When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of  our life that we can never take back. Our time is our life.
3. The best present you can give to your family and friend, is your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment